Monday, August 10, 2009

It's official, I suck.

So I just stated a few days ago, that I would be sharing about my struggle with allowing God to have it ALL...I already screwed up. I just told God Sunday morning at church, "I'm done dealing with this God, it's yours, I don't want to have it any longer." And by Sunday night, I had already taken it back.

I get so frustrated with myself. I say I trust God and that He has a plan, but I sit here and can't give up simple things to Him and let Him actually keep them. Seriously, there are some major heart issues going on.

Praise the Lord He doesn't just quit on me or I'd really be screwed, but He continues to wait. To pursue and romance me, even though I give Him the cold shoulder. I am running extremely low in the patience and perseverence department lately. I am clinging to His promises though and knowing that those who have gone before me are cheering for me. I want to strip off all the things that are entangling me, as Hebrews puts it, so that I can RUN with PERSEVERENCE the race that is set before me. I want to claim that prize!!!

No comments: