Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dear United States Postal Service, Please return my passport and other documents STAT! Love, Jenny

Yep, that's right folks, my passport, yellow fever/immunization record and check/application for my visa are lost in the mail.  I fly out in fifteen days.  Just lovely.....


The travel document service agency website says it takes about a week to process to get the visa so I was starting to get a little worried that I hadn't received anything back and it's been at least three if not four weeks.  I called this afternoon and spoke to a few different people and basically, my name is not in the system and they have not received anything.  So I need to get a new passport, obtain a visa, and another copy of my immunization record indicating I've received the yellow fever one-in about ten business days.


I'm not gonna lie, I got off the phone with the guy and I cried.  "God what are you doing?!  Why haven't you nicely guided those documents to the place so they can issue my visa and send them back!?!?!?" and "God, I've told people how much you're providing over and above for me for this trip.  This does not qualify as providing!!!"  And then it was like He said, "Do you trust me?"  Of course I trust Him!  I've been telling people lately how He's taken care of everything I need lately!  Well, if that's the case, what am I all worried about!?!?!  I'm ridiculous.  


Once again, my flesh kicks in for a few seconds and I start to panic, wondering how it's going to happen and get here in the next two weeks, not to mention the ridiculous fees to speed up the process.  But like I just said in my last post, I know without a doubt that God has called me to go on this trip and I know that He can work out the details.  If that means miraculously placing my info on someone's desk tomorrow morning before I send out all these documents and checks...again....I don't really care how He does it, but I know He will.  Because He's God.  And when my life is crazy and circumstances aren't quite how I planned, it doesn't change God and His character.  Thankfully!


Please be praying that my visa arrives quickly and without problems before I leave!  And that I would be aware of those simple things that God is taking care of.  God is big, but not so big that He's not attentive to the details of things, like getting me my visa, and now my passport and immunization record.  :)

No comments: