Friday, September 30, 2011

Rounding off!

Well, I'm still not totally packed yet, but just wanted to post once more before I go....

I have been overwhelmed today and yesterday with phone calls, texts and people asking me if I got my documents and telling me how excited they are for me and reminding me they're praying for me.

My church is having it's annual mission's conference weekend where a missionary couple comes and speaks through various events.  Tonight was the "international dinner" and the couple spoke about their lives and how they were called to missions.  It was soooooo encouraging!  They had a great message too about not carrying my culture stuff into the culture I'm going into.  He talked about being a "square" in a "circle" culture and how I need to "round off my corners" so I'm not as square because I won't be in a square culture.  (Kind of one of those 'you had to be there' type analogies...)  Anyhow, I'm probably going to be up way later than I wanted to because I waited so long to pack, but it was so worth it!  Thank you Bonnie and Virgil Adams!!!

I'm getting anxious to see what the Lord has in store!!!  I begin to wonder what this trip will lead to....

I'm not sure if I'll be able to update while I'm gone or not, but one way or another, you'll hear from me soon!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I figured you were busy with packing and saying your good byes! Sarah let me know you got off safely! I have been praying for you off and on since you left. Love you.