Sunday, September 25, 2011

T minus five days...

Well, I'm not sure where the time has gone, but I leave this coming Saturday!!!  Wait....what?!?!?!?!?


I still haven't received my visa and passport.  I called TDS (travel document agency) Friday to see if I had to sign for the package when it came and the first guy I talked to gave me the "your name isn't in our system" line.  Freaked out for a minute and then he talked to so-and-so who was taking it to the Embassy and told me it should be sent out that day and I could expect to receive it Monday or Tuesday.


I had a little road block with trying to get my insulin pump supplies, but I had this amazing woman (Tracie from Medtronic) who went above and beyond and figured everything out and said I should receive that stuff Monday as well.  It will feel like Christmas this week with all these lovely packages arriving!  :)


It still doesn't seem real that I'm going.  I work all week and have to pack yet, which makes me want to vomit.  This morning, my church had a special time of praying for me and Pastor Vaughn asked me what I was expecting God to do on this trip, or something along those lines.  Good question....I'm not totally sure.  I've learned so many things and been reminded of so many things through just preparing for this trip that I can't wait to see what else God has.  I'm trying to be as open-minded as possible and not have too many expectations because I know that often things don't go how I planned or imagined....clearly!


I feel a bit basket-caseish and everyonce in awhile start to fret about all that needs to happen before I leave Saturday morning.  But the biggest thing I've learned and been reminded of time and time again is that God is in control and He will take care of it.  He doesn't need my help.  He doesn't need me to go to Africa to work with these sick people.  He doesn't need me to go tell these people that there is a God who created them and loves them and wants a personal relationship with them.  He doesn't need me to do any of it.  But I get to!!!  I get to be a part of His plan for it all.  And for that I am soooo blessed.


Please be praying that I take extra time this week to sit and be still before God.  I've found in the last few weeks, I've neglected that a little bit.  I've been so "busy trying to get everything ready."  (Stupid excuse, I know...)  I do that more than I would like to admit.  I'm a doer and a server and justify it because 'I'm doing it for Jesus,' but sometimes I forget that it doesn't really matter what I do for Him if I'm not spending time with Him.  So pray that I don't get so caught up in being His hands and feet that I miss time spent with Him.  


Thank you so much for all your prayers, donations, support and encouragement.  I cannot tell you how blessed I am by each of you.  God blows me away with who I run into just when I need a little extra encouragement and He has affirmed this trip through so many of you as well.  I cannot say thank you enough!


I hope you find Truth in this verse, it's one of my favorites: Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38 (NIV)

No comments: